In addition to entering the I Love Yarn Day 2016 Scavenger Hunt contest and following ILYD on social media, October 15th is the perfect time to get-together with friends to celebrate crochet, knitting and crafting with yarn. Plan a special activity:
Yarn-Centric Party Ideas
Get together with your BFFs, share stories from some of the industry’s favorite bloggers and designers about why they love yarn and their tips and tricks for stitching it forward. Plus, check out their fabulous free projects.
Add a festive touch to your get together and be sure to check out the I Love Yarn Day Pinterest page for inspiration and pin your ideas too.
Sweet Treats Make a Party
Here are some of our favorite ideas that will make your party uniquely yarn-centric!
- Cake toppers
- Cover small Styrofoam balls with colorful yarn to decorate a favorite cake. They are reusable and might replace candles at your next birthday party.
- Yarn cupcakes
- Transform the round shape of a cupcake top into a colorful ball of yarn! Decorate with two bamboo skewers that look like knitting needles to make an adorable, ILYD dessert.
- Sugar cookies are the perfect “canvas” for colorful icing. With the aid of clever cake icing tools, design yarn balls, needles or hooks and, if you are ambitious, delightful granny square motifs. Bet you can’t eat just one.
- Yarn pom-pom place-card holders
- Set the table for your friends with colorful cardholders made from pom-poms. Print their names on the card or fun yarn sayings like: Behind every knitter is a huge stash of yarn, or Winter is coming…crochet faster. Check out Pinterest for more funny phrases for these party favors.
- Yarn ball garland
- Surround your friends with yarn. Grab yarn from your stash to create easy-to-make pompoms (thank heavens for pompom makers!) or twist and braid strands of various colors together for garland.
- Festive balloons
- Cover balloons in tiny pompoms, attach the balloons to your door and there will be no mistaking the location of the I Love Yarn Party!